Friday, June 03, 2005

One Decision Away?

Proverbs 5:23 (The Message)
23Death is the reward of an undisciplined life; your foolish decisions trap you in a dead end.

Everyday we make decisions, some big some small, some with consequence some without. Funny thing is the everyday decisions we make are usually made without a lot of thought, yet the big decisions we fret, cry to God, and often anguish over. Well I read this passage and thought, so I am destined to a dead end if I make a foolish decision? Well no, there are two parts to this verse. The first sets up the second, If death is the reward for an undisciplined life than Life must be the reward for a disciplined life. Therefore if you live a disciplined life and make a foolish decision I believe God opens a detour for you in most cases. Example: Look at Jesus, isn't he just a Great Detour back to God?

I look at all the decisions I have made in my life and the one that had the greatest impact in my life that I really don't think I did a great deal of thinking about was my decision 10 years ago today to get married. The best thing is that I made this decision and the even better thing is that my wife made the same decision. I was on the beach two days ago and I was walking alone thinking to myself how beautiful it was, then it hit me, just as God created us to share His Beauty, God has created my Bride to share her beauty and the beauty of life with her. I can't say enough about my wife, to know her, is to know she is amazing. She is the truest thing to God to me and I could have God work a million miracles in my life, yet none of them would surpass the miracle of My Wife in my Life.

I am including a prayer that may help you, I know it helps me, "Dear
Lord, so far today I haven't gossiped, lost my temper, been greedy,
grumpy, nasty, selfish or self-indulgent. But in a few minutes I'm going
to have to get out of bed, then I'll need all the help I can get."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL about the prayer. Your wife is amazing and so are you. I have had moments where I realize God was with me even though I wasn't asking Him to guide my steps. I knew I loved Ronnie and wanted to marry him, but I don't remember really praying about the decision. God has blessed our unity, because we have made Him our first priority.
Happy Anniversary,
Jeanette