Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Political Perspective of a Fifth Grader



As I was walking Jackson into school today an announcement came over the loud speaker regarding the school election and Jackson told me he was going to run for class president. I asked him what did it mean to be class president? He said you just had to write a speech and read it to the school over the loud speaker and then they vote who's speech they like best. He proceeded to tell me he did not do that, instead he opted to work the bin? I asked him what was the "bin?" He told me he took the job of feeding all the recyclable paper into the bin, because he felt he could do more good that way then being president of his class. I have to tell you I honestly have never felt more proud of that kid in that moment!

Here we are watching two guys give speeches trying to out promise each other and honestly I feel I could do more good recycling paper!

No comments: