Sunday, January 22, 2006

What you believe in?

I am constantly hearing from many different sources you have to believe in God and Jesus in order to be saved and live a life with the Lord. I am left asking myself do I really need to believe in God as much as I need to believe that God believes in me? I read in the book of Job where in the midst of the horrible trials Eliphaz says to Job, don't you remember the words of encouragement the Lord shared with you in encouraging others through trials? The truth is God wants you to believe more that HE believes in you, because you can't believe that He believes in you without believing in Him. If you look at when Peter went to walk on water Jesus said, "You of little faith" faith in who? Faith in Jesus? Or faith in himself? The more you believe that God believes in you and your faith grows in yourself the further you can stretch yourself for the Lord.

6 comments:

The Mac Fam said...

You need to change your template, I can't read what you wrote.

The Mac Fam said...

...or darken the text considerably.

Anonymous said...

cant read your text...background is too dark...

The Mac Fam said...

I like it? So, when you starting your own church??

Anonymous said...

Bmac - you ever read "Velvet Elvis" from Rob Bell?? There's a great chapter in there about that very thing. if you haven't read that book, you HAVE to get it - you will devour it in no time i'm sure.

--jeff

The Mac Fam said...

He already has...you guys must think alike. SCARY!!!