Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!


I often times find myself talking to God without ever pausing to hear His response. I will go on and on and on and on and never once pause to wait to hear what He has to say? Funny how I can do that no matter what it is about. If it is good well then I suppose he does not have much to say except, "Your Welcome." If it is bad, then maybe it would serve me well to listen, it definitely could not hurt. BUT when it is ugly, I am sure I am missing it by not pausing to listen! Obviously, today it was ugly. What I don't like about being on salary is the more hours I work, the less I make per hour(FYI, I am just whining here). So nothing is worse than having to work a 14 1/2 hour day with out eating any lunch or dinner in a restaurant no less and in complete ugliness. The worse part about it is no mater how much I pray for and about it, I still miss my wife and kids. I leave they are in bed, I get home they are asleep in bed. Then I stopped and paused and you know what God said to me? "Now you know how I feel!" Ouch! That's not G E W D at all. Cause it is true. Like that cavity you are waiting to get filled, you can try and manage the pain and avoid cold until just so long and then WHAM it hits you, you forget and drink something cold. You may be asking yourself, "Where is he going with all this?" Good question, I know that if we spent as much time listening to God, as we do trying to deal with the Bad and Ugly, while working to increase the Good. The Good would come without working for it and the Bad and Ugly while still there would be far more manageable. Stop, listen you might hear something GEWD today!

No comments: