Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Inspirations from Anna

I have to say that I have had a great evening and I was just about to call it a night when I decided to check the blog. Much a do about nothing and low and behold I read Anna's comment. Well this is for you Anna.

I am not against organized religion, I don't agree with a lot of it, but it has its place and can do good for many people. That said, I don't believe God is into religion, He is into Relationship. You see the church for all its good, is people and while God will never fail you people will. People are introspective and tend to look at themselves. Have you noticed how popular all the Purpose stuff is right now. Well purpose is me centered, which is wrong. Don't get me wrong Anna, God loves you and cares about you dearly. But the question is not what is my purpose, it is what is God's purpose? You see God had an ultimate intention for man, He created man with a purpose, which is His not ours. While God's purpose was being fulfilled, man having free will choose to fulfill his own purpose and fall from God. I liken it to a road. God built a road or path for man and he took a detour. God made a detour back to the road he originally built for man. The road back is Jesus. Now this is where I disagree with organized religion. I am not discounting Jesus here I love Jesus dearly, but the Church looks at Jesus as the main focus. I don't think this is correct the focus should be on Gods Intention for man which is the road. So what is the road? The road is a relationship. God made man for relationship and that is what is important to God. If you have children you can see this as His model. Why do you have children? The same reason God has you. For a loving, caring, growing relationship.

I have been asked one prevailing question by so many that are struggling with Faith. If God loves us why would He let something bad happen to me? Well why would a parent let something bad happen to their children? You don't, you try to prevent it at any cost, as does God, but bad things still happen to our children because you allow them to have free will. So where is God in this you ask? He is all over it. Yes, I don't want anything bad to happen to my sons, but what happens when it does? Look at the big picture. When it does I grab them and pull them close to me and we bond in ways I could never had if everything was just right all the time. Some of my best memories of my relationship with God are when things have been the worst. Because God came there to me in the midst of it and Loved me, held me, like a mother to a daughter or a father to a son He picked me up and comforted me like no one else. That is why God allows it to happen, because if he didn't then he would take away the one thing that man has been dying for since the beginning of time, freedom. Bottomline, its your choice even if you don't decide you still made a choice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God gives us so many chances to have a relationship with Him. He needed a way for us to be reconciled with Him, and He sacrificed Himself. He left us a comforter even! God never leaves us or forsakes us, it is always our choice to leave Him out. The world belongs to Satan, and that is why bad things happen. God does give us freedom to choose, but things happen everyday where the choice was taken away. I am glad you posted for the sake of Anna. He even uses blogs!