Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Don't Believe The Hype!



As much as I want the iphone I have to ask myself the following questions:

1. Do I really want to get locked into a contract with AT&T/Cingular?

2. When it first comes out are the bugs going to be all worked out?

3. Why would Apple lock us into one carrier?

4. Cingular has the worst data speeds, why did Jobs pick Cingular?

5. Will there be iphones sold later that can be used on any CDMA network?

6. Is this really well spent $500?

Well, I am gonna pass at this time and will wait to see what happens with it? Let me know if you get it and what you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Understandable but it's pretty much that way with any cell phone unless you go out and buy the full price cell phone which is considerably more. Stinks but it's true

2. Doubtful that all bugs are worked out but my samsung phone still has bugs and so does my wife's razer and we've had them for a couple years

3. From what I've read Apple tried Verizon Sprint Cingular and a couple of others. Verizon would not work with Apple at all, neither would Sprint. AT&T/Cingular was the only one that would colaborate with them. Apple wants to control the hardware and the user experience just like with the Mac and the iPod. Verizon locks out bluetooth from being useful so it was doubtfult that they would leave the iPhone alone. That's why.

4. See above.

5. Apple has stated that they do not comment on unreleased products. It's possible but unless they can control the user experience, it won't happen.

6. It is if it works for you. I want one because it has wifi and the real internet as opposed to WAP and other horrible versions of phone internet. I like the iPod capabilities but I think 4 GB is a not much for the $500 price tag. It can also be bragging rights too. ;-)

Unknown said...

I don't know about all that, but AT&T/Cingular are evil!

Anonymous said...

Locking out bluetooth so that you are force to transfer pictures via their data service is evil. Verizon does that. Sounds pretty evil to me.