Tuesday, May 10, 2005

What's Love got to do with Loss Living and Leaving?

I am standing at the airport watching my father leave for what might be the last time I will ever see him. I stand and watch as the plane is boarded and taxis back off the runway. I stand and watch the plane take off and someone beside me says, "Its gone." Gone where? Gone from my vision, this is all; it is just as large when I saw it last. The size and loss of sight are in me, not it.
Just at the moment someone says "Its gone" there is someone watching it coming and they are saying "Here it comes!"
You may have loss, but remember there is no winner without a looser, no truth without a lie, no love without hate and no will without choice. Take solstice in the fact that someone has gained so much by your loss and choose to rejoice in their gain. This is truly the most selfless of all Love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great insight... it's not gone, it's just gone TO ME.

So often we think that we have lost something, but God just has it hidden from our view for a time. When that which was lost is restored, we see his hand in it all.

JennyLee said...

That was really really awesome. Thanks!