Thursday, June 26, 2008

Transition

Life is one big transition. You transition in and through then out of life. Right now we are getting ready to pack up the family and move to a place very different from the one we live now. I think about the transitions that led us to this point and remember the people who have impacted our lives along the way. Mainly Rachel's Mom Nita, one because today it is the five year anniversary of her death and two because she was an amazing woman who really caused me to realize what it means to be a man, but more importantly what it means to have a relationship with God. Alas, that was a key yet to be turned in the door to my heart and let me tell you once it was, it changed everything in me.

As we go through this new day of transition, I have to say I miss her vote of confidence. Even though I never did anything to earn it.

No comments: