Tuesday, August 22, 2006

SNAKES ON MY PLANE?


OK, I have to admit it I had absolutly no interest in seeing this movie. When I first heard of it I was like "WHAT?" "You have got to be kidding me!" Well I hear a interview with Samuel last week and I really liked what he had to say about it and thought, this is a maybe rental now. Then today out of the blue I get a call from who I think is my wife from the caller id. BUT no it is Samuel Jackson calling me! That is right the one and only Samuel is calling me to tell me I need to go see his film? I was amazed and stuned at first. Then reality sunk in and I realized it was an interactive recording. Well I could not figure out how I got it, I had talked with some people from work about it earlier in the week, but none of them would lay claim to guilt of sending the call to me? I called my wife and she thought I was nuts. Well low and behold my least favorite brother sent it to me.(J/K about the least favorite). I then went and checked it out and WOW what a brillant piece of marketing. You can really personalize this call and the best part is you can ghost the number so it can come from anyone you want it to! Well check it out it is awesome! http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/ Maybe I will go see this film? Maybe not?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The only catch is, they have to answer the phone! It doesn't leave a voicemail. :(

The Mac Fam said...

Well, I must have been lucky yesterday b/c it left me one.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great brother you have!!!! Not only does he get you great seats (all be it at a pre-season game) at a Bucs game but he takes time out of his busy work day to send you a personalized message from a world famous actor. I mean how many brothers would be able to get Mace Windu to call their brother. If you want one actually long enough that it would leave a voicemail try http://vendetta.varitalk.com/ . This one is still up because of the DVD release of the movie, it is from the same guys who made Matrix. I had someone call me because it did not identify the movie and they were worried about their family.