Monday, July 25, 2005

Thankfulness depends on what is in your heart, not what is in your hand.

What keeps us from others? It is interesting cause I have heard many things from many people. Yet one thing rains true that most people don't want to admit. Pride. That's right, pure unadulterated pride! God says pride lands you flat on your face. Pride is why we bless God with the same tongues we cures others with. Who has not been somewhere and looked at another with disgust, disdain, or just outright "I am better than them." What sets us apart from others is nothing more than God's grace. So, how do we show appreciation for the grace God has given to him? We spit in his face by denying others the same love He has shown us. I know I am guilty of it and I have to constantly remind myself that Jesus never saw people as bad, only lost. When we start to see people the same way we honor God's grace for us. Not only that we encourage Him to show us even more grace in our areas of need. Instead of seeing people as society does, being net-worth equaling self-worth start seeing people as God does not for the package, but the contents.

P.S. I am starting to read my posts before I publish them hope it is better!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

"When we start to see people the same way we honor God's grace for us."

That is so true. How quickly do we forget what God saved us from? It's easy to sit in judgment of others when we ignore what WE used to be (5 minutes ago, 5 years ago, whatever).

Anonymous said...

All i can say is WOW!!! i needed that. I think we need a daily reminder that were all the same and money,job or station in life does not make us better. Its only by Gods grace we are who we are..Thank God he sent his son.

The Mac Fam said...

Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pastor Brian,

Great Word! We miss you around here! Hope all is well, and keep abiding in the shadow of the Almighty! You da man!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful nugget. My heart is usually, I'll admit, not always led to pray for those who have done me or my family wrong. I know that they are lost and miserable by their actions. They have a major void that I also had before I found the Lord.