Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Matthew 11:28 Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

I use to think that I had to be busy to be fruitful as a Christian. Boy was I wrong in fact Scripturally speaking, "Come away...all by yourselves and rest a while" ( Mark 6:31 ). Mark explains that "Many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat." Sound familiar? Constant hurry is the mark of an un-prioritised life. It's a sign that second and third things have become first things. So, what should be first? Well I have found that first is your relationship with God, then family, then fullfilling your commitment to God.

2 comments:

The Mac Fam said...

Nicely put Honey, I am proud to say you do that! I love you!

S.S. said...

Amen to that. Too many people are too involved with their loved one, they forget about God. He has always been there for them while they feel lonely, but often after they find a partner, they forget about who came first.

But He has been proven to be forgiving. No matter how many times His people left Him, He's always there when you need strength.