Tuesday, March 15, 2005

One day we all wake up?

1 Timothy Verse 8 - So wherever you assemble, I want men to pray with holy hands lifted up to God, free from anger and controversy.

Man I love the book of Timothy,,,,, it rocks. Anyway, I was talking to someone who was really going through some things and its funny how your heart can really hurt for someone. Well I always like to seek Gods counsel on things and as I was IMing this person I was praying and reading scripture and came across this verse in 1 Timothy. Well what really stood out was the last word CONTROVERSY. I was like what? Doesn't God know that we are a controversy society, how could the shows like Entertainment Tonight, The News, Primetime, The Paper (Weekly World News) survive if not for controversy. So I looked up controversy " dispute, especially a public one, between sides holding opposing views." Then I was thinking to myself, OK, so if I keep the dispute from being public I would be ok. Wrong! Or if I dispute someone's beliefs in Allah I am being controversial with them, so I can't witness to anyone without being controversial. Wrong Again! I think that we often times are intrigued by controversy when really God says we should be free from it. We should be compassionate not controversial. Again, I know this is for me just as much as anyone else, BUT I know that our witness is who we are not what we say. I look at my children and see that I can say one thing and do another. But you know what? They never do what I say, they do what I DO! So as NIKE says Just Do It! Just work on your actions. Are you loving, compassionate, caring, listening (not always talking), offering help freely or are their conditions? Look at YOU and if you see love then you should take solstice in the fact that you are a witness! God loves you and we are all so blessed to have our lives and the ability to have a relationship with him. Often times people think that God created them to be ministers, evangelists, profits, etc. God's reason for making you was for a relationship, and just as it is innate in all of us to feel comfort when we gain friends and family so does GOD! That is why we are to share God's LOVE with others so that we can grow as a family as God intends. Talk to him and see he will talk to you. Maybe not vocally but he will talk to your heart and through others. Its not May God Bless You, its GOD WILL BLESS YOU! LOVE YA HIM AND ME!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, you're full of it! Revelations that is. I've really enjoyed your last two posts.
Thanks for sharing.

S

Unknown said...

Word.

Anonymous said...

As Eminem said...

Now this looks like a job for me
so everybody just follow me
cuz we need a little controversy
cuz it feels so empty without me

Brad said...

Brian-

I love the fact that Jesus said...Be my witnesses, not witness for me.

We have been exploring the fact that Jesus was the Master of Living, and as his followers we should be the ones pursuing the best possible way to live (John 10:10). Since people will know we are Christ followers by our love for each other, I think compassion and caring are exactly what we should be developing in our lives.