Thursday, March 10, 2005

Getting there!

It is amazing the feelings we have as human beings. I am always having this feeling like just a little further and I will be there. It is not like I am thinking about it cause I am very content, and feel so blessed with my wife, kids, and everything He has provided for me. It is just a constant little nuisance like hair growing in your ear. Then you pull it and it is gone till another one grows back. I know it is good to aspire and want to achieve great things through and for the Lord I just don't know sometimes. Do you ever feel like it would be so much easier to just be a plumber. I doubt seriously the plumber goes home after work and contemplates on the depths of a clogged p-trap under a sink? (NOTHING AGAINST PLUMBERS, NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT) Anyway I know God honors all that we put our hand too, it is funny though how there is an expectation of increase to that honor? Peace can come and go like a passing ship and if you think about it, peace is actually to be docked in our port all the time. If you practice the five letter word from your youth, which some of us abused, "TRUST" , you should have nothing but peace in your life. For whosoever comes against us God will put asunder. You have a TRUST covenant with God and he will not break it EVER! I know this is for me as much as you, but I hope this helps, it sure helped me. Remember when life was riding skateboards and taking naps? It can still be, you just have to TRUST in the Lord. So why don't we? Well what we meditate on is what comes to the surface when we need to TRUST. For instance, isn't it amazing how you can start to read your spouse as you age? Like when a special is on the News or Primetime with something about cheating spouses, without a doubt the next day your spouse is looking at you like, that guy on the show had a goatee and my husband has a goatee, is he cheating? Well maybe more subtle than that, but you get my meaning. When you doub,t what are you saying? I DON'T BELIEVE YOU LORD! I DON'T TRUST YOU LORD! WOW! When you doubt where do you go? To HIS WORD? Well you can be proactive and go there before, which would prevent you having to go there after some of the time, but maybe not entirely cause I heard even Billy, Oral, and Brad (he knows who I am talking about so don't ask) have done a re-read a time or two? The bottom line is either way you get there if you get to his WORD and meditate on it instead of the tube or O magazine (you know who you are) you will not have to lose any piece of your peace to the evil one. You will be able to grow cause God knows that when it is time for him to turn up the heat you won't give up and jump into the fire! Hey, maybe that's what that feeling is? Being ready to jump when the Lord says? LOOK OUT BELOW!

5 comments:

The Mac Fam said...

Yee haw, finally!

David Wegley said...

That was an awesome insight. Really enjoyed your blog. It's bookmarked.

Anonymous said...

Brian,

It's amazing how we hear things from different sermons or teachers of the word but then when you hear it from a friend, a pier, it takes on a whole new meaning and brings great revelation! Thanks for taking the time to blog this awesome word.

S

Anonymous said...

Heh heh...I am married to a plumber. Life isn't always easy in someone else's shoes. He gets called away from his family at all hours of the night for all sorts of crazy things. I think to myself, can't they wait until in the morning. But, it is all part of it. Life can be very stressful no matter what situatio or profession you are put in. But, how you handle it is the key! Very good post. Just pretty ironic as I was surfing through and noticed that about plubers in there.

One Man's Struggle To Take It Easy said...

Sorry I really did not mean anything against plumbers I think you are right though. God is going to honor your faithfulness! And as you said how you handle it. Bless!