Friday, March 21, 2008

In an instant...



Last Monday I was pulling up to a light and one minute I was on the phone the next I was being propelled forward like an bug smashing into a windscreen. You see how relatively fragile your existence is when you are in an accident. I have been in quite a few and this one has equally disrupted my life.

I was out of work for a week and that week was a blur, probably the pain killers, Ha!

The interesting thing is how much accidents have become part of our life. Everyone was so natural in such an unnatural environment. It is bizarre how much the doctors and insurance adjusters are just running threw the motions, because they deal with this all day every day.

It is kind of like this with Church.

You go every weekend and do it day in and day out, week after week, year after year, you tend to take for granted how unnatural it is for someone who does not go. That maybe why we are seeing more and more the Church that is naturally comfortable to walk into and go through a service in sees such growth?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's an awesome insight.

How are you feeling?

Jessica said...

Ouch! I hope you feel better!