Thursday, January 11, 2007

Who are you?

I saw a book once called Battlefield of the Mind and though I did not read it I thought to myself, "Yeah right what battlefield?" Funny thing is as I grow in my relationship with God I am starting to see that more and more I am the result of my thoughts, expectations and beliefs. I am starting to see that as I believe I become. As I believe in who I am in God's eyes, not the world's I grow. It is a constant battle for sure though. The world is constantly trying to pull you into defeat, poverty and despair. The enemy's goal is for you to quit, not moving backward just staying right where you are at in the mundane. God wants you and I to grow and go beyond. I was reading about favor and read to confess it in everything. So, I was like OK as kookie as I feel I am doing it. Well it is funny how even in the little things I saw the favor of God. I had a guy I deal with throughout the week and he is usually, "Not so nice" as Borat would say. Anyway, not only was he nice to me yesterday he went out of his way on TWO separate occasions to help me. Then to top it off he loaded my car for me? I thought, What the heck is that? And of course God answered me, He said that is favor my son! Well as you walk, work, shop and live remember it is not who you are that counts as much as WHOSE you are. I know I am not Abefroeman, The Sausage King of Chicago, I am the son of God!

Peas B With You!

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and
different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."
(Romans 12:2)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That's really good! I heard a really good message by Joel Olsteen once about the favor of God, and his main point was not to put limitations on God's favor. Whether it be a huge or something as simple as a parking space.

On a different note, thank you for praying for Noah! He's doing great!