Monday, January 27, 2020

Thrown Away

When you think of throwing something away the things that come to mind are often things like cups, cans, you know trash. Definitely not people though. What does throwing away a person even look like? I mean it's not like taking a person and throwing them in a dumpster. No, it is more like cutting all ties to them in an instant or over a short period of time. Reality is that there are times this happens in a very natural way as part of life. Typically, this would happen when a person is in a relationship and they break up with their mate. Although, I have heard of instances where people remain, friends, after though I don't know if I believe this is true. 

The fact remains that one of the things that happen in life is people end their relationships with each other. This is more of a result of things that happen in life, different interests, moving away, and parts of the circle of life. Being thrown away does not really fit this mold. It is when you are friends that are as close and something happens that causes discord of some type and one decides to cut all ties. When this happens with no real resolve it can be a painful thing. When this is a person you stayed true to for a long period, feeling as close a family member it can really make for a deep wound. The sad thing is that while with all relationships in life when your throwing something away you have resolved. You are done with whatever it is and are ready to part ways with it, you have thought it through, looked at the results and made a decision. That makes it easier for the one doing the throwing. On the other side, it is one who has been thrown away that has to struggle with a pain that is far more difficult to deal with and the pain lasts far longer as a result. 

Truth is personally I have a hard time understanding how anyone could make a decision to actually throw a person away. At least not one that has been loyal and cared for them. I can see it if there is abuse or continued hurt, but being someone who this hits home to I have spent many a night wondering how someone can be in such a state of mind that they could take another person and treat their feelings and emotions with such utter disregard. It baffles me and what makes it that much worse is the likemindedness of believing the gospel of Jesus and knowing His commands on treating others and especially fellow believers. 

Sometimes in life things happen for a reason and in the midst, we have a hard time understanding the "why" of what is happening and come to get it later on. Sometimes we never do and so the hope is that we come to terms with it ourselves. Continue to wish the best for others and don't let it stand in the way of the future God has for us. I know personally, I have experienced several people who made a choice to throw me away as the result of a choice I made. The choice was one I stand by and while in my mind's eye did not see it worthy of being thrown away, but obviously it was in theirs. No matter I continue to pray and wish the best for them and trust the Holy Spirit will speak to their heart and bring resolve. Reconciliation would be nice, but I am not going to hold my breath as is the case with being thrown away you learn quick hope deferred makes the heart grow sick. 

If you are ever on the receiving end I pray you to look for healing and don't allow it to affect the way you feel about yourself. The reality is that hurt people are the ones that hurt other people. Look for friends who are not hurting to help you heal and find comfort in doing the right thing yourself. Finally, know that Jesus experienced the ultimate throwing away when He was betrayed by all of us on the cross. The heart is a sinful, deceptive thing and we all have to work on it daily taking up our cross and working at being more like Him and less like us. I pray you to receive this and are encouraged and if you are a thrower ask God for forgiveness as well as the person you have thrown away. I can't promise you they will forgive you but God will for sure, He promises that! 

I am thankful for the pains in life that have taught me to be a better person and follower of Jesus it has taught me to be slow to anger and quick to forgive. I don't ever want to be estranged from friends or family and know that He is able to bring reconciliation, as long as I trust Him and walk with Him daily! 

Blessings! 

No comments: