Wednesday, May 10, 2006

FUD

Sorry it has been a while since I posted anything worth reading. Well I am back with the FUD. FUD use to mean something different to me. Obviously to those of you that know me, those that don't to bad! J/K. Anyway we have been in a FUD fog lately and I found this article to explain:

FUD was first defined by Gene Amdahl after he left IBM to found his own company, Amdahl Corp.: "FUD is the fear, uncertainty, and doubt that IBM sales people instill in the minds of potential customers who might be considering Amdahl products." As Eric S. Raymond writes: "The idea, of course, was to persuade buyers to go with safe IBM gear rather than with competitors' equipment. This implicit coercion was traditionally accomplished by promising that Good Things would happen to people who stuck with IBM, but Dark Shadows loomed over the future of competitors' equipment or software. After 1991 the term has become generalized to refer to any kind of disinformation used as a competitive weapon."
Opponents of certain large computer corporations state that the spreading of fear, uncertainty, and doubt is an unethical marketing technique that these corporations consciously employ.
By spreading questionable information about the drawbacks of less well known products, an established company can discourage decision-makers from choosing those products over its wares, regardless of the relative technical merits. This is a recognized phenomenon, epitomized by the traditional axiom of purchasing agents that "nobody ever got fired for buying IBM" equipment. The result is that many companies' IT departments buy software that they know to be technically inferior because upper management is more likely to recognize the brand.

I think it is funny cause the enemy uses FUD in our lives everyday, stay with me I am safe, Good Things will happen to you if you do nothing! Stepping out of your comfort zone is hard, but if you do it, the rewards are eternally greater, OBVIOUSLY ONLY IF YOU CHOOSE TO GROW FROM IT! Many people step out and fail to see anything, but negative, these are the ones that run back to the safe haven before God and say He missed them. When really they missed HIM!

The ones that seek growth before, during and after the trials gain the most and allow God's favor to shine upon their lives. You can't be grateful with out loss. Sux I know, I am grateful for my kids, cause I lost time with them while at work. Again, I know easier said than done, goes back to choice.

Choose joy and it will come! Choose Peace and it shows up! Choose Love and you win! Anger, Bitterness, Unrest, Anxiety, Unhappiness are all choices! The first one comes independently when Joy, Peace and Love are not chosen in your daily walk. Worst yet it will consume your being if you don't choose them! How to avoid it? Pray, read the Word and Praise Him for the littlest to the large!

I look at where I am at right now and geographically it is beautiful, from a personal stand point it is a mine field. It would be easy to choose a ton of things not good for me or my family to focus on here. But I don't, I CHOOSE TO look at the positive, I have a healthy family who loves me (sometimes), loves the Lord and loves each other. No one is going hungry and we are all Growing in ways we never imagined.

I will give you one example of what I mean by GROW (God's Right Of Way) and then I am out! I have been drinking Diet soda my ENTIRE life. If you asked me five years ago would I ever quit? I would have laughed you off so hard its not funny, same is true if you asked me the question six months ago. Now you have to understand I would consume four liters of Diet Soda a Day! Again, if you know me you know that is an understatement. That said, I joined a gym and quit soda because I learned to step aside and give God the right of way in my life as a result of a trial in my life at the time. Would I have done that in OK? I don't believe so because the trial would never have happened there! Anyway, I have never been healthier and felt stronger that today, why? Cause I choose to grow from a situation that sucked!

Hope this inspires you!

Love
B

1 comment:

The Mac Fam said...

WOW! What a great post babe. It was worth the wait. Not to mention how hot you look now you've dropped 50 pounds. I better stay in shape myself or I might find myself in trouble. J/K Love y